Sunday, August 17, 2014

Green Muffins!

I love buying the big bag of spinach from Costco but I don't always eat the whole bag before it goes bad and I hate to see food go to waste! I have really loved using Thrive spinach in my smoothies and muffins! You can't even taste it, as long as you don't put too much in. Here is a yummy muffin recipe that I use with my Thrive spinach. Your kids might complain about the color but after they taste them then hopefully they'll stop complaining! 


Green Muffin Recipe
                *½ cup butter (I do 1/4 cup butter 1/4 cup coconut oil. Personal preference!)
                *1/2 cup brown sugar (If I do bananas for my fruit puree then I do even less sugar)
                *1 cup pureed fruit (Applesauce, peaches, bananas...
                    ANY fruit just be mindful of how sweet the fruit is.
                    For example, Strawberries are not very sweet so you may
                    have to add more sugar.)
                *1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (I grind my own wheat on the pastry setting.)
                *1 tsp baking soda
                *½ salt
                *1/2 cup Thrive spinach (If I have fresh spinach then I use about 1-1/2-2 cups)
                *1/2 cup Juice (Any flavor is fine!)
DIRECTIONS
Combine sugar, fruit puree, spinach and juice in food processor. Blend until everything is well mixed. Mix softened Butter, flour, soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the mixture from the food processor to the dry ingredients. Mix together and Put in muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes.
Now you have some delicious, healthy muffins for you and your family! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment